Our purpose is to coordinate support for Steward families in need. The type of support given varies on the circumstances that have affected parents and children that are directly associated with our school.
When to contact the Care Committee:
• When an immediate family member is ill or injured
• During a parent or students’ recuperation from surgery or an accident
• During prolonged medical treatment for an immediate family member
• After the death of an immediate family member
• To send cards, when appropriate, from The Steward School
The Care Committee will offer an online, interactive calendar so that members of our school can help the family by providing meals, transportation, cards, or whatever the family would find most helpful. Specific Steward families will be sent a link to the calendar to see what needs are unfilled to sign up for them.
The Care Committee can provide:
• Meals for the family
• An occasional ride to or from school or school activities
• Cards for families, when appropriate, from The Steward School
• Other requests, as needed
Procedure for setting up assistance:
- A member of the family in need or a friend of the family will fill out the Care Committee Form. This form will be sent to the co-chairs of the Care Committee.
- The co-chairs will then develop a plan of action - whether it be a care calendar or another option that will best fit the family's needs. The co-chairs will coordinate with the appropriate class representative(s) to set the plan in motion.
- If a care calendar is needed, the class representatives will first send out the calendar to grade level families. If still more help is needed, they would reach out to the appropriate school division or school-wide for assistance.
- Once parents have received information about the care calendar, they are asked to volunteer as they are able. Reminders will be sent via the care calendar site.
The Care Committee is here to help. We also understand that sometimes confidentiality would be appreciated. When complete privacy is preferred, friends and family can go directly to one of the co-chairs with specific requests for support needed.
Please contact the co-chairs of the Care Committee with any questions!